About Me

My photo
I'm an easy going person who likes the simple things in life. I enjoy a good laugh always. I may seem quiet, but I'm really not. Currently I attend HPU, looking forward to graduation in a year or less. I'm studying Visual Communication or Multimedia as some may know it. I have no idea what I want to do, but I'm learning a lot and am open to wherever this takes me.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spam Jam

I've lived here in Hawaii on the island of Oahu for 3 years now, why is it that I have never heard of Spam Jam?! Today was the 4th annual Spam Jam down in Waikiki. If you noticed a bit of a traffic jam near the Ala moana area all the way into Waikiki, well that's why. Kalakaua was closed off from 2-11pm. I'm not big on spam, in fact I hate it, but I had to go to the festival and check out what was going on. I was surprised to see that it wasn't as big of an event that I thought it would be. Thanks to Happy Madison production 50 First Dates, a lot of people associate Spam with Hawaii, I was shocked to see that nothing spectacular was going on. There were a few restaurants like Dukes, Margaritaville, and Gordon Biersch who had booths up selling dishes with spam mixed in one way or another, and there was also live entertainment on two stages. It was fun for 10 minutes, then I was over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment