About Me

My photo
I'm an easy going person who likes the simple things in life. I enjoy a good laugh always. I may seem quiet, but I'm really not. Currently I attend HPU, looking forward to graduation in a year or less. I'm studying Visual Communication or Multimedia as some may know it. I have no idea what I want to do, but I'm learning a lot and am open to wherever this takes me.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Mexican Flu


Yep, that's what they're calling it. The Swine Flu is commonly found in pigs in the midwest U.S., Mexico, Canada, South America, and a few other countries in Europe, Africa and Asia. It's uncommon that such an influenza would pass from pig to human, but, it has happened before. It's been nearly 90 years since such a thing has happened. 

This year's Swine Flu epidemic has people scared, mainly because we have no idea of the origin. Claiming almost 50 lives, and over 1,000 infected, how do we stop it, what should we do in the meantime? It's slowly beginning to make it's way around the world, starting in Mexico, and making it's way to the southern parts of the U.S. including Texas and California, spreading throughout the states, and spilling over into other countries. (So far no confirmed in Hawaii). People are being asked not to travel into Mexico, and with summer just around the corner, Mexico will lose a lot of business to it's tourist hot spots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment