About Me

My photo
I'm an easy going person who likes the simple things in life. I enjoy a good laugh always. I may seem quiet, but I'm really not. Currently I attend HPU, looking forward to graduation in a year or less. I'm studying Visual Communication or Multimedia as some may know it. I have no idea what I want to do, but I'm learning a lot and am open to wherever this takes me.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

DO NOT EAT, DAVINA'S ONLY!!!

Forgive me if this blog makes absolutely NO sense to you...this specific blog is for ventilation purposes only. 

If you've attended college, and God forbid had to live in the dorms, maybe you'll be able to relate to me. Dorm rooms are small, you're allowed a small microwave and a small fridge. Basically you don't have much to work with when it comes to food. Sure in the beginning everyone is buying food and you're all about sharing, but as time goes on you realize you're the only one buying food and everyone is still eating it. Eventually you get to the point where you start labeling your food with your name along with "DO NOT EAT! so and so's ONLY!". It's understandable, I guess. The mature thing to do would be to flat out say, "hey, if you're gonna eat the food, cough up some ends to help pay for it." Maybe that's just me...

Regardless, it's cute in the dorm rooms. Eventually you take the next step and move out with people you trust and know (hopefully). You're in a house, with a kitchen, with a regular sized fridge, with cabinets, and a pantry. Praise the Lord you have an oven! I would think that financially it would make more sense to go as a group, buy groceries and split the price...right? Or does it seem a little more logical to go out and spend a nice chunk of money on a lot of groceries, come home and label everything, then a few weeks later end up throwing out over half of what you bought because you couldn't eat everything by yourself, all because you didn't want anyone touching YOUR food. Sorry to say this, but if you're 21 years old, living in a household of at least 4 people and you're still labeling your food...something is wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment