About Me

My photo
I'm an easy going person who likes the simple things in life. I enjoy a good laugh always. I may seem quiet, but I'm really not. Currently I attend HPU, looking forward to graduation in a year or less. I'm studying Visual Communication or Multimedia as some may know it. I have no idea what I want to do, but I'm learning a lot and am open to wherever this takes me.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Coke-Cola past, present and future

The Coke company really knows what it is doing. The marketing team continues to advance, continues to keep consumers satisfied. It's easy when someone falls in love with a product (especially soda, because it CAN be addicting) to always have consumers, but Coke has continued to develop along with each "era," and to never lose it's self of individuality as a product. They know just how to make an impact in people's lives, and then turn it around and use it as a marketing tool. Jenkins states, "These themes merge core emotional relationships with core promotional themes, helping people not simply integrate Coca-Cola into their memories of their lives, but also to frame those memories in terms of the marketing pitch" (p. 70). On a part of their website, Coke has a spot for consumers to share personal stories and memories about Coke, including "romance," "special family time," "military," "times with friends" etc. Some stories included how married couples met over a bottle of Coke, engagement proposals happening over a bottle of Coke. Coke is a corporation that any one around the world can relate to, it's something we all have in common, a tie. In a sense, it's kind of like McDonalds. A franchise that the majority of people around the world can recognize when they see those big golden arches.
Pepsi has tried and put great effort into it's marketing, but it's just not personal. For awhile, many celebrities were an advertising tool...that didn't last very long. Now, it's rare that I see any commercials from Pepsi. Coke really is a favorite past time, present, and I believe it will continue to grow in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment