About Me

My photo
I'm an easy going person who likes the simple things in life. I enjoy a good laugh always. I may seem quiet, but I'm really not. Currently I attend HPU, looking forward to graduation in a year or less. I'm studying Visual Communication or Multimedia as some may know it. I have no idea what I want to do, but I'm learning a lot and am open to wherever this takes me.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Artist Formerly Known As...

I am a huge fan of Prince, probably due to the fact that he just isn't "all there." I love the fact that he believes that a simple symbol characterizes him and he just has this interesting vibe about him where it's hard to turn your eyes away from him. Prince threatening to sue Youtube and other websites for what they put up with anything to do with him doesn't seem far fetch for Prince. It's super bizarre, in two ways. First, the obvious, who does he think he is?...Oh, that's right... Did he seriously believe that he had the "power" to do control the situation. He can't sue Youtube, so he goes after his biggest fans? Why would you do that. One would think that these celebrities are indeed celebrities due to their fan base. It makes absolutely no sense. I could understand that if someone is uploading videos of themself portraying Prince and completely humiliating themself and Prince anyone would want that taken down.
On the other hand, why are these fans trying so hard to fight Prince back. If he actually sued, ok I would fight back too. But if not, something like this would turn me off to this celebrity, I would no longer be a fan. I would no longer freely promote him, nor support him. I don't understand...

No comments:

Post a Comment