About Me

My photo
I'm an easy going person who likes the simple things in life. I enjoy a good laugh always. I may seem quiet, but I'm really not. Currently I attend HPU, looking forward to graduation in a year or less. I'm studying Visual Communication or Multimedia as some may know it. I have no idea what I want to do, but I'm learning a lot and am open to wherever this takes me.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!?!?

"Happy Cinco de Mayo"! What the heck is that supposed to mean? Well, then again, people say Happy St. Patricks. I still don't quite understand why it is that the United States celebrates Cinco de Mayo...or at least the non Hispanic folks. Is it just an excuse to get wasted off of Mexican beer and Tequilla shots? Please, somebody tell me, I really am curious! It's amusing because people in Mexico don't even recognize Cinco de Mayo as a holiday, actually, it's not even that big of a deal to even celebrate. Many people believe that Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence Day...well, amigos sorry to disappoint you, but THAT is September 16th. That is 4th of July for Mexico. Here is a little history for you to share next time someone says, "Oh yeah, isn't today like Mexican Independence Day?" on May 5th...

http://clnet.ucla.edu/cinco.html
http://www.vivacincodemayo.org/history.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment