About Me

My photo
I'm an easy going person who likes the simple things in life. I enjoy a good laugh always. I may seem quiet, but I'm really not. Currently I attend HPU, looking forward to graduation in a year or less. I'm studying Visual Communication or Multimedia as some may know it. I have no idea what I want to do, but I'm learning a lot and am open to wherever this takes me.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009


Hello everyone! My name is Davina, I'm originally from 
Denver Colorado, a beautiful, yet freezing state. Blessed with the Rocky Mountains in my back yard was wonderful, however, having the ocean in my front yard isn't half bad! I do miss the seasons though, watching the colors of the leaves changing in the fall, and watching new life blossom in the spring, but I do NOT miss the snow.

I've been in Hawaii for just about 3 years, I'm a Junior here at HPU, studying Visual Communication. I came to Hawaii alone, had never been here before, and I was the first in my family to attend college, so I had absolutely no idea what to expect. It's definitely been a challenge, but an amazing adventure and experience all the way. I was awarded a full ride scholarship to attend the college of my choice, all expenses paid.  I chose Hawaii, and specifically HPU because the diversity of the school amazed me. I also wanted small classes where I would be able to get that hands-on-experience and have my professors know my name. I really like HPU. We may not have all the amenities that other colleges have, like a home gym for our basketball and volleyball teams, or baseball field, or even a football team, but I feel that the students here are a lot more focused on their studies because we're not a school so focused on our sports.  

I chose to study Visual Communication because my last few years of high school were dedicated to my theatre department. I fell in love with the performing arts. Since the age of 10 I have been on stage either singing, dancing or acting. I know how to do that, I figured it was time for me to learn the production side of it, become well rounded in all aspects of it. I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm having fun doing just that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment